ESOC - Flight Dynamics Engineer
Contract duration: Permanent Contract
Location: ESOC, Darmstadt, DE
In preparation of our activities in 2015 and 2016, Sapienza is looking to recruit an experienced Flight Dynamics Engineer to support current and future earth observation and interplanetary missions from ESA-ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany.
· Orbit and attitude manoeuvre preparation, manoeuvre performance analysis, orbit determination and propagation, trajectory optimization, product generation, software test and validation, support for simulation campaigns and critical operations.
· Attitude command files generation, actuator and sensor calibration, attitude determination.
· Conceptual design studies for the operational flight dynamics system, operations preparation and planning.
· Flight dynamics software maintenance: Adaptation of algorithms to new and exotic space environments, adaptation to new interfaces and functional requirements, migration to new hardware and/or operating systems.
· University degree or equivalent degree in a relevant field;
· A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience with knowledge of space flight dynamics and spacecraft attitude determination and control subsystems;
· Experience devising and realising mathematical algorithms to satisfy demanding scientific applications, ideally using Fortran, C++, Matlab and Mathematica;
· User level experience with the UNIX operating system, with some experience in scripting with Unix tools;
· Fluent in English; knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to perform calmly and effectively under pressure;
· Exceptional and rapid physical insight, combined with a practical and rigorous approach to problem solving.