Verification & Validation Engineering Support for ICT
The ICT Section is developing, maintaining and operating the EUMETSAT Office Computing Infrastructure running technical, scientific, administrative and desktop applications and providing support to the users of these systems.
The responsibilities of the Enterprise Data and Application team start with the documentation and analysis of system requirements for new multi-tier applications, Website and Intranet in close collaboration with internal customers and external suppliers. The responsibilities continue with the specification and design of the solution, the selection of the software platform and related technologies, the implementation and test of the services and applications, and finally the maintenance of the system and application together with the other existing services.
The key person will work in a matrix arrangement providing support to the other ICT Teams. The primary task will be to lead and implement verification and validation activities. As the Verification and Validation engineer is involved in many major projects in different teams, it is also expected to support the improvement of ICT processes and EUMETSA T business processes.
It is foreseen, that the detailed key tasks will include as a minimum:
- Plan and implement verification and validation activities within ICT (main task)
- Plan and specify test approach;
- Produce the necessary test documentation (e.g. test plans, test scopes, user-, system-, integration test specifications, test cases, test procedures, test reports, test logs ... );
- Implement test plans, including manual and automatic execution of test cases, test scripts and test tools as well as ad-hoc and break & destroy testing;
- Automate, run and execute performance tests;
- Automate, run and execute regression tests;
- Record and follow-up anomalies found during testing;
- Identify enhancement and improvements opportunities;
- Participate and provide input to TRRs & TRBs
- Create and maintain system requirements and system verification matrixes;
- Beyond verification through Test activities (as covered above), plan and implement further verification activities through Analysis, Review-of-Design and/or Inspection.
- Technical document review
- Review documentation from verification and validation point of view, especially User Requirements Specifications and System Requirements Specifications;
- Support & Working Practices
- Contribute to project planning and reporting;
- Review Engineering Change Proposals and Change Requests from verification and validation point of view;
- Support the improvement of Business Processes and review Business Process Documentation from a verification and validation point of view;
- Support team leaders in the improvement and standardization of working practices, e.g. project management or application development related working practices within ICT;
- Improve the verification and validation related working practices within ICT;
- Coach software and system engineers in verification and validation processes.
In addition to having a university degree in computer science, software engineering (or equivalent), the key person shall have as a prerequisite:
- at least 5 years professional verification and validation experience in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Extensive professional software testing experience of bespoke web applications;
- Professional software testing experience of Oracle WebCenter Content 11g implementations and customisations;
- Knowledge of verification and validation related standards;
- Professional experience in writing verification & validation documentation;
- Experience in a structured, ISO 9001 certified environment;
- Knowledge ofPRINCE2 and ITIL (especially change and configuration management).
In addition to the above requirements, experience I knowledge in the following areas shall be considered a distinct advantage:
- Experience in testing COTS (Commercial of the Shelf) application implementations and customizations;
- Experience in configuring, programming and using automated test tools, including automated performance test tools;
- Knowledge of Selenium, JMeter, JUnit, JConsole;
- Knowledge ofSQL and Java;
- Knowledge of Bugzilla and JIRA;
- Knowledge of virtualization systems and their use in verification and validation processes;
- Experience in writing technical documentation using MS Office.
- Start date is as soon as possible.