Vacancy Microwave Instrument System Engineer
Sapienza is looking to recruit a Microwave Instrument System Engineer to work at ESA-ESTEC. The duties are performed in liaison with a team of microwave instrument system engineers.
- Development/acquisition, validation and maintenance of performance assessment tools for various spaceborne microwave instruments encompassing both active (radars) and passive (radiometers) instruments
- Translation of mission/observation requirements to instrument requirements; improvement and maintenance of data processing tools
- Performance Assessment of active and passive microwave instruments during the study phases (0, A) and during project implementation phases (B, C/D)
- Participation in the preparation and monitoring of instrument system and technology predevelopment studies together with industry
- University (master) degree or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering or physics with background in microwave engineering or electromagnetics theory
- At least 4 years of previous relevant working experience
- A good end-to-end instrument system understanding of microwave radar and/or radiometers
- First experience in instrument system and performance modelling as well as digital signal processing techniques
- General understanding of the modelling of wave interactions with the atmosphere and surface scattering
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Practical experience relevant to the tasks described above is an asset
- Good familiarity with programming languages and computer programs such as Python, MatLAB, ADS, Excel, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.