Satellite Talent is an independent strategic recruitment firm, specialising in the provision of C-suite, senior management and technology professionals across the global space sector. We are currently seeking an experienced TT&C Engineer to join a leading global communications company based in London. You will provide technical, operational and programmatic contributions both to core engineering activities and to the commercial activities such as third-party launch support. The role includes taking up leadership and/or programme management responsibility for specific projects.
The TT&C Engineer is expected to contribute to (and in some cases lead) in the following areas of work:
- Provide support to various core engineering and/or operational activities to support our satellites, and future satellites, TT&C launch support activities, network upgrades, maintenance activities, ground systems support including on-call.
- Participate in the procurement and implementation of TT&C/PCS/IOT services and equipment including development of requirements, RFP specifications, evaluation of bids, negotiations with selected bidders, monitoring technical and operational aspects of contracts.
- Evaluate test methods and test results, and participate in factory and on-site acceptance testing for baseband, IF, RF, PCS, IOT earth station equipment. Perform independent analysis of earth station performance.
- Support end-to-end Compatibility Testing activities with the satellite and the launch site.
- Develop Interface Control Documents (ICDs). Co-ordinate / conduct Integration and Test (I&T) activities of earth station equipment.
- Develop Operations Concept documents (CONOPS) in relevant areas.
- Develop and maintain link budgets, including accuracy calculations of earth station ranging systems (standard tone ranging and spread-spectrum ranging).
- Develop Operations and Maintenance plans for on-station routine operations. Ensure training and handover to operations personnel are carried out smoothly. Set up maintenance arrangements as necessary. Develop methods of monitoring earth stations to ensure availability requirements are met.
- For launch and early orbit operations (LEOP) of satellites, support preparations and implementation activities, develop Specialised Operations Plans (SOPs), participate to rehearsals and exercises, provide real-time support during the mission either on-site or at the SCC.
- Develop payload IOT procedures and test sequences and participate in / provide support to IOT campaigns at selected earth stations.
- University degree in electrical or electronic engineering or equivalent;
- Min. 5 years satellite communications experience or equivalent abilities, with exposure to earth station RF and IF satellite communications equipment design, implementation and testing and to TT&C ground systems design and operations;
- Work experience in mission real-time operational environment;
- Good written and spoken command and communications skills in English;
- Ability to prioritise and to work well under pressure;
- Analytical approach to problems, but prepared to take practical shortcuts when necessary.
- Experience of satellite IOT and associated testing;
- Computer systems, programming and software administration experience;
- Good negotiation skills with customers and suppliers.