Thermal and Mechanical Testing Technician
Sapienza Consulting is looking to recruit a Thermal and Mechanical Testing Technician to work at ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands. The incumbent will support the directorate of TEC and is expected to fulfil the following duties:
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL).
- He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory.
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
- Technical Degree (Bsc Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification.
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.