Thermal and Mechanical Testing Technician
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for aThermal and Mechanical Testing Technicianwho will provide support to the Thermal Analysis Verification Section on site at ESTEC.The Thermal Analysis and Verification Section is responsible for providing technical support in the fields of thermal analysis and verification, interdisciplinary analysis in the thermal/mechanical domain and product data exchange. The Section coordinates at European level the development of key thermal analysis software and of STEP-TAS-based libraries for the exchange of thermal models. The Section is also responsible for the Mechanical Systems Laboratory as well as the day-to-day operation of the Mechanical Engineering Departments overall computing infrastructure.
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanicalexperimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in the facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL).He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the directsupervision of the Head of the Laboratory;
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities;
- Make regular progress reports.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized universityStrong background in environmental testing and thermal verification.Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance calibration data acquisition