Test Development Engineer
- Work close with test analysts and testers to identify defects during the testing period and suggest improvements for the new services/technologies.
- Provide regular status, risks and escalate testing issues and results that impact service delivery/launch along with potential alternatives and workarounds.
- Lead internal and external stakeholders in the development of a testing approach and standardized methodology for new services.
- Develop test campaigns for development and service readiness, operational service assessment and the ability to emerging and new services as specified in new requirements.
- Assist in the creation of testing processes and test plans that are effective and efficient in the various aspects of end to end testing.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications /IP Networks/)
- Strong Satellite Communications experience (Ku/Ka/L-Band)
- Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Establishing testing methods for new communication service technologies
- Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience of testing approaches and plan development
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in data analysis, identifying trends, and providing improvement/change recommendations
- Aviation background in communication and/or avionics systems
- Knowledge of commercial aviation industry and services
- Experience in SATCOM networks, terminals and connectivity services