Technical Product Manager
- Your principle activities will be governed by collaborative and constructive relationships with cross-functional horizontal teams across the business including Market Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Development, Service Delivery, Operations, Legal and others. You will be expected to develop and optimise these connections to deliver your objectives in an effective and timely manner.
- You will be expected to adopt a highly proactive approach to continuous improvement activities in tandem with fundamental product management functions. Constructing, maintaining and evolving effective feedback loops and robust communication will be required
- Working closely with Senior Product Managers you will facilitate the actualisation of market requirements and guide these from concept to launch; activities will include development and delivery of business cases, product requirements and representation of these, in close proximity to User Terminal and Digital Development teams for the delivery of new market relevant services for the maritime.
- You will be responsible for briefing, enabling and empowering the Maritime sales team and respective support teams to deliver their targets, ensuring that they are supported with high quality documentation, tools, training, direct support and clarity of technical concepts.
- From a technical perspective, work closely with Global Customer Operations (GCO) team to Integrate and support existing and new Value Added Resellers (VAR) to drive wholesale distribution and accelerated growth.
- Provide technical information to assist the Maritime business unit and Product marketing and marketing teams to develop market messaging, collateral materials and bid and proposal (B&P) responses to commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate and prepare product materials including product documentation, reference guides and training programmes for all new products and services, with a particular focus on technical validity and accuracy.
- Work with product marketing on market adoption progress, as well as evaluate issues, market challenges and new requirements, with incorporation of approved changes to the roadmap.
- Be an active participant in progressing developments through a gated review process, ensuring that development teams deliver fit for market products and services.
- Work closely with the Maritime Commercial Management and BI functions to define P&S performance metrics and maintain data on market delivery to ensure progress to plan is being met.
- Be involved in the development, definition, and documentation of market requirements and use cases for initiation of new service developments.
- Potential involvement is practical hands on demonstrations and maintenance of in-house FX solution.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to wireless communications or equivalent;
- Commercial and technical experience in VSAT Satellite Communications, ideally within the Maritime industry;
- Proven experience and record of delivering targets within a product management role and colocation environment
- Cisco qualifications, and Knowledge of VMs and Cloud Computing
- Experience of Maritime applications and solutions
- Must have passion and motivation to continuously improve the product, processes, systems and work practices
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, organizing and leading the execution of project tasks across multiple internal and partner teams;
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of senior management.
- Application of UX methodology to enhance competitive advantage
- A track record of working with distributed matrix teams and meeting established deadlines for program milestones are essential, as well as experience delivering solutions to the Maritime market.
- High proficiency in MS Office plus ability to drive new systems from improved working practices
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of telecoms and spectrum science and technology
- Experience in the Inmarsat products and services
- Experience in the satellite or maritime industries
- Exposure to Service Delivery, logistics and supply chain environment
- Experience of process mapping
- Multi-cultural awareness; experience of working in, and with, a wide variety of cultures