Technical Marketing Manager, Europe
The Technical Marketing manager will support the Regional Directors for Aviation in order to achieve overall revenue performance and growth for Inmarsat’s Aviation Portfolio. This will include in-depth technical support, technical sales and implementation/trouble-shooting support to partners and customers plus support of partner sales and business development activities.
- In support of the commercial and business aviation sales team, liaise with key target airlines and value added resellers to influence the early stages of Request for proposal (RFPs)/ Request for information (RFIs) to qualify the prospect and to shape Inmarsat’s offering.
- Serve as a key technical authority within the Aviation team; take responsibility for communicating the technical capabilities of the Inmarsat networks to prospective customers and assist in the capture of market requirements.
- Respond to RFPs in writing and in person; provide cogent, technically credible and commercially persuasive responses to prospective customer questions.
- Employ extensive aviation technical knowledge and analytical skills to address customer questions around capability, system performance, network integration etc.
- Build a network of relevant technical contacts and decision makers across the cabin connectivity/ IFE and/or the airline operations communities.
- Interface with key end-users and Value Added Resellers (VAR)s to educate them about the key aspects of Inmarsat services
- Author or collaborate in the development of white papers and other external facing messages intended to highlight the advantages and benefits of Inmarsat services with respect to the competition.
- Become the subject matter expert for one or more areas of Inmarsat product or infrastructure technology critical to the Aviation Business unit; keep current in this technology and act as though leader driving its development roadmap. Provide third level technical support to the Service Assurance team for these technologies.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree or equivalent (satellite communications/ telecommunications/ aeronautical engineering).
- Prior experience in a technical sales/ product development position within the satellite/aviation connectivity industry
- Experience proving robust technical advice and solutions to customers in the commercial or business aviation community.
- Experience and knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) networks and networking technologies.
- One or more of the following:
- Existing network of contacts in the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), cabin wireless communications and commercial aviation space
- Knowledge of aviation electronic standards, interfaces, certification and verification procedures
- Experience with aviation satcom, air-to-ground, or cabin wireless systems installation or operation on board aircraft.
- Detailed knowledge of airline operations and operational procedures, systems and methods.
- Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Commercially astute; proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with wider divisional/corporate goals.
- Available and willing to travel internationally.