Technical Manager/Architect, Software - Space Division (f/m)
- Provide direction and leadership to all aspects of application architecture, infrastructure and application design
- Provide guidance on the selection of IT solutions (including software packages) for projects. Being able to evaluate the potential impacts on the customer such as license costs, phasing out of legacy systems, training etc.
- Apply the appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are used effectively
- Takes responsibility for the overall system architecture and manage the software development and verification process
- Identify the commercial impacts of changes in the analysis and implementation model and reports these to project management
- Ensures that the development and verification teams are following the agreed technical architecture and development methodologies
- Liaise with the customer and our subcontractor regularly to ensure that expectations are fulfilled or managed
- Liaise with the Project Manager to highlight any risks and to regularly discuss progress, alerting any exceptions and issues requiring action
- Contribute to estimation and contract or change control negotiations, as required, as well as identifying the skills, resources and tools needed for the project
- A university degree in software engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of designing, estimating and implementing large-scale enterprise level applications and/or web solutions
- Extensive software development and design experience and proven experience of the software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of cyber security aspects and experience in the use of tools and products to support the cyber security aspects as part of the development process
- Experience in the use of virtual machines technology in Linux environment
- An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ...)
- An understanding of software and software security standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 27001)
- Customer relationship management.
- Good people management, planning and organisational skills
- Team player and team leader
- Understanding of the space industry and associated technologies may be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite for the role.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Germany and able to obtain necessary security clearances
- The successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work out on site if necessary