Systems Engineer Optical Communication
Our client is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what they stands for. With 3500 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. They work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations.
Together with other systems engineers and specialists you will be working on the the conceptual design, realization and testing of optomechatronics modules for end-to-end freespace optical (satellite) communication.
- Where each team member has their specialty, your contributions are strongest in the area of communication technology.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- You have at least5 years of exprience in systems engineering and are able to keep a helicopter view;
- You have deep knowledge of optical modulation and coding (error correction schemes, framing, interleaving, scramblers);
- Experience with coherent (optical) detection mechanism;
- You have knowledge of high speed analog and digital electronics, FPGA design, signal processing, clock recovery;
- Experience with RF communication systems is a nice to have;
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.