System Engineer - Galileo Project
Job code: RT-C/NAV-MMG/00066
Job posted on: Mon, 2018-11-19 12:40
Country: The Netherlands
Education: Master degree
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: within 2 months
Master’s or equivalent qualification in engineering Previous experience in project management and negotiation in industrial context Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, as well as planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment. They should possess sound judgment; have integrity and good communications skills. A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential. Applicants must be willing to do some travelling. They must be eligible for Galileo security clearance by their national security administration
The Galileo Project System Engineer will report to the Head of the Galileo Project Management Support Office or to the Head of the Galileo System Project Control Unit and will execute his/her tasks in close cooperation with the Galileo Procurement Manager(s). In the Galileo Program, ESA has the role of System prime instead of an Industrial Prime and Technical Design Authority while the EC is the Program Manager.
- This position covers system engineering tasks provided in support to the Galileo Project Management team, namely in the areas of Technical schedule control, Technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control and procurement.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document).
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings;
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents;
- Participate in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters;
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects;
- Organising and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required;
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans,
- Interface with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting;
- Master’s or equivalent qualification in engineering
- Previous experience in project management and negotiation in industrial context
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, as well as planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- They should possess sound judgment; have integrity and good communications skills.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
- Applicants must be willing to do some travelling.
- They must be eligible for Galileo security clearance by their national security administration