System Engineer for the ESPRIT element of the exploration Lunar Outpost Platform/ Gateway
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers, ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for a System Engineer who will support the lead system engineering function for the Phase A/B1 Study of the ESPRIT element of the exploration LOP-G (Lunar Outpost Platform/ Gateway), and its continuation.
- The post holder will support the lead system engineering function for the Phase A/B1 Study of the ESPRIT element of the exploration LOP-G (Lunar Outpost Platform/ Gateway), and its continuation. ESPRIT is the European System Providing Refuelling, Infrastructure and Telecommunication and includes a science airlock;
- In his support role to the system engineering function specific duties include: Definition of the ESPRIT functional and design requirements;
- Technical definition of the ESPRIT design baseline until successful System Requirements Review (SRR) and identification of activities needed to proceed toward Preliminary Design Review (PDR) with focus on specific subsystems;
- Identification and follow-up of pre-development tasks for ESPRIT as agreed with the Study Contractors;
- Architecture definition of the LOP-G/Gateway in coordination with NASA, CSA, JAXA, RSA and possible future commercial enterprises/US industries;
- Development of interfaces with external parties, mainly other Space Agencies (NASA, JAXA, CSA), who may be providing equipment for the ESPRIT;
- Preparation of the ESPRIT ITT for Phase B2/C/D/E1;
- Supporting the HRE-XSR and XS teams for other tasks, as required.
- Applicants for this post should have a Masters degree or equivalent qualification in physics or engineering;
- A knowledge of system engineering aspects is also essential. Experience with operations, hardware and /or software development will be an asset;
- The post requires candidates to be system-minded and to have a result-oriented approach. They should have the ability to work in a highly complex project environment. They should possess good communications skills and the capability of coordinating activities with groups spread across different sites. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.