The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
We are currently looking for candidates to work in the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management onsite at ESTEC in the Mechanisms Engineering Department. You will lend support to the Agencysprojects, technology research activities and evaluations of industrial contractors documentationand test verifications.
- The Contractor shall support spacecraft and launcher configuration studies for Agency projects. This includes operating CAD tools and participation in Concurrent Design Facility (CDF) sessions at ESTEC;
- He/she shall further perform mass / balance calculations and relevant budget assessments;
- He/she shall issue relevant documentation covering all configuration definition aspects, and where necessary shall support the configuration definition by preliminary structural analyses using FEM models;
- He/she shall ensure CAD interfaces and configuration data transfer with Agency contractors via international standards;
- He/she shall ensure the interface between the CAD systems and the relevant FEM tools to enable further evaluation of the structural behaviour;
- He/she shall contribute to the further development of the Structures and Configuration tools deployed in the Agency, including in the CDF;
- He/she shall support progress meetings and reviews in support to Agency projects;
- Perform space-vehicle structural engineering, advanced structural dynamics analysis.
- A university degree or equivalent in mechanical or aeronautical engineering;
- Possess technical judgment and communications skills, verbal and in writing;
- A proactive attitude to solving problems and an interest for innovative technologies;
- System analysis experience in above fields applied to spacecraft and payload accommodation, including structural evaluation;
- Good knowledge in the employment of CAD software, specifically Catia v4 and Catia v5. Knowledge of other CAD systems is also desirable. Structural analysis experience, including some Nastran experience;
- Be familiar with the IGES, SET STEP data exchange standards and related applications;
- Some years of experience with advanced structural analysis.