Spacecraft Operations Engineer for “Mission to the Moon” (f/m)
The successful candidate will be supporting operations preparation activities for the “Mission to the Moon” (MttM) mission and for other potentially upcoming missions supported by SCISYS.
The candidate will be able to contribute with his/her skills from the very beginning of the project lifecycle.
For the MttM mission, he/she will be an integral member of the operations team, conducting operations preparation and successive execution for the successful lunar transfer, soft landing on the Moon’s surface and lunar rovers’ delivery of the “ALINA” spacecraft.
For this position, in support to the MttM mission, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the project’s development depending on the operational needs.
Similar tasks would need to be performed for operations preparations for other potentially upcoming missions.
- Review, refine and complement relevant documentation generated during preceding phases
- Support the development of all the required documentation as per operational phase
- Define, implement and validate the Flight Operations Procedures for LEOP, platform and payload commissioning, lunar transfer, lunar capture, powered descent, soft landing on the Moon’s surface and lunar rovers’ delivery
- Train, prepare training material and provide training to other members of the operations team
- Define, coordinate, conduct and document system validation activities as simulation campaigns, SVTs, mission rehearsals, etc.
- Test and validate all operational items
- Perform operational configuration management
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews and scheduling and planning meetings
- Conduct LEOP, platform and payload commissioning, lunar transfer, lunar capture, powered descent, soft landing on the Moon’s surface and lunar rovers’ delivery operations as member of the MttM operations team
The successful candidate will have:
- A university master's degree in aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- Demonstrated and consolidated experience in the field of spacecraft operations (preferably more than 5 years, preferably in interplanetary missions’ operations).
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- We are looking for a motivated, passionate and proactive team player, able to work autonomously, showing initiative and self-management skills when performing under time pressure and stress.
- Start date is as soon as possible.
- The location of work will be our Darmstadt office, with a temporary relocation to Berlin, at PTScientists premises, sometime before the launch and for all the MttM operations execution phase.
- The candidate must have a valid German work and residence permit or be an EU citizen
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us