Our Client is an intergovernmental organisation with 41 Members and 2 Comprehensive Agreement States. They are committed to building, together with their partners, a Single European Sky that will deliver the Air Traffic Management (ATM) performance required for the twenty-first century and beyond.With more than 1,900 highly qualified professionals spread over four European countries, deploying their expertise to address ATM challenges. Their expertise is unrivalled: covering both operational and technical elements; advising on both civil and military aspects of ATM and having experience at bringing States with different needs together for a common goal.
The candidate will be required to develop MPS (Master Production Scheduling) software modules and documentation changes (from specification to design, coding and testing) in collaboration with the ACE (Airspace Capacity and Environment Management Tools) team members. The task will require collaboration with other teams involved. The domains that the Software Engineers will cover are multiple; in particular tasks are expected to include the following activities:
- Develop new software modules for the MPS. This includes designing, developing, testing, documenting, maintaining and providing support;
- Design userfriendly and attractive web user interfaces;
- Review request for changes, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications;
- Analyse modifications required to existing source code, documentation and test suite, and define test scope, to implement problem fixes and changes;
- Perform and document tests in line with test scope defined before;
- Arrange review of own source code, documentation and test result by peers;
- Review source code, documentation, test suite changes and test results performed by peers;
- Perform investigation of problems and sketch solutions;
- Debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems;
- Execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures.
- Completed professional technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent professional knowledge is essential;
- Experience in developing and maintaining software and documentation in accordance with recognized industrial quality and safety standards (SWAL 4 or equivalent) is required;
- Experience with Ember or Angular/Angular2, TypeScript, NetBeans, IntelliJ and spring boot is desirable;
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and accessing databases from Java is desirable;
- Experience with designing userfriendly and attractive web user interfaces is desirable;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the development of mathematical/optimization algorithms is desirable;
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems, and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way;
- Cooperates and works well in a team.