Software development and maintenance engineer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers, ESA/ESAC, we are currently looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer for ESACs Science Data Centre.
- Cloud-based processing systems attached to the archives;
- Mobile devices and apps for Android and iOS;
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality data analysis applications;
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning-based applications;
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and maintain all ESDC Science Archives and Virtual Observatory (VO) subsystems, i.e. Archive Data products repositories Archive Databases (including DB administrative tasks) ,Archive Data ingestion and metadata extraction systems,Archive application servers and middle tier services ,Archive Graphical user interfaces and web pages,Archive Data distribution systems,Archive interoperability systems, supported by VO standards,Archive administration services (monitoring, statistics, user management, ),Archive data products on-line visualization and analysis services,VO tools and service;
- Software configuration control activities associated with archive development;
- Unit and system tests associated with archive development;
- Participation to working groups, workshops, conferences and meetings where science archives and virtual observatory standards and practices are discussed;
- Provide technical support to archives and VO services usage.
- At least a masters degree or equivalent in computer science or related fields;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience;
- Substantial experience in Java programming language;
- Unit testing (JUnit) and UI testing (selenium);
- Experience with SVN, git repositories and project management software JIRA and Confluence;
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle and PostgreSQL Databases;
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit and/or Vaadin are assets;
- Experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) technology is an asset;
- Experience in SQL and XML;
- Experience in Virtual Observatory standards and protocols, working groups, working processes and environment would be an asset;
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential.