Software AIV Manager – Space Division (f/m)
Key responsibilities are:
- Management and supervision of a team of test engineers on a large multi-million project
- Active involvement in the day to day management of test activities and escalating issues proactively
- Allocate tasks and roles to the AIV team with clear expectations in terms of outputs, schedule and effort whilst ensuring the team remain motivated for the work
- Take responsibility for overall AIV progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Liaise with the customer and our subcontractor regularly to ensure that expectations are fulfilled or managed
- Liaise with the Project Manager to highlight any risks and to regularly discuss progress, alerting any exceptions and issues requiring action
- Contribute to estimation and contract or change control negotiations, as required, as well as identifying the skills, resources and tools needed for the project
- Creation and maintenance of the AIV plan, as well as management and reporting documentation
- Document production in order to produce project test strategies, exit review documents, etc.
- Mentoring of staff within the AIV team
- Proven experience in the management of AIV campaigns for bespoke software development projects in a technical domain
- Demonstrating ownership for the management of both test schedule and cost covering budget and risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of managing the whole software test lifecycle
- Knowledge of using automated test products
- Customer relationship management.
- Good people management, planning and organisational skills
- Team player and team leader
- Understanding of the space industry and associated technologies may be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite for the role.
- Frequent travel will be required to sites in the UK and continental Europe
- Occasional travel will be required to sites in the UK and continental Europe
- Must be flexible and willing to work out on site if necessary