Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer (f/m)
Thanks to the seniority and consolidated relevant experience in the field, the candidate will play a crucial technical lead role in supporting operations preparation for different upcoming missions at SCISYS, like the German telecommunication mission “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT, phases C/D/E1), the Mission to the Moon and the ESA Lagrange space weather mission (phases A/B). The candidate will be able to contribute from the very beginning of the project lifecycle with system level responsibility and eventually be a core member of the mission operations team for H2SAT. The candidate will report directly to the respective mission operations manager.
For this position, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the projects development depending on the operational needs:
- Act as team technical lead for operations preparation for the assigned mission(s), in continuous coordination with the mission operations manager
- Provide system level expertise and guidance
- Review, refine and complement relevant documentation generated during preceding phases
- Support the development of all the required documentation as per operational phase, according to ECSS standard
- Develop and validate the Flight Operations Procedures for LEOP, IOT and routine operations
- Prepare training material and provide training to other members of the operations team
- Define, coordinate, conduct and document system validation activities as simulation campaigns, SVTs, mission rehearsals, etc.
- Test and validate all operational items
- Perform operational configuration management
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings
- Support H2SAT LEOP, platform & payload IOT, GTO-GEO transfer and final GEO orbit slot acquisition as member of the operations team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A university master degree in aerospace, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- Demonstrated and consolidated experience preferably with more than 7 years in the field of spacecraft operations
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German would be an advantage
- We are looking for a motivated and proactive team player, able to work autonomously, showing initiative and self-management skills when performing under time pressure.
- Start date is as soon as possible.
- The location of work is in our Darmstadt office. The candidate must have a valid German work and residence permit or be an EU citizen
- The candidate shall be eligible to obtain a personal security clearance
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Send us your application:
- You can either apply online or please send us your application with motivational cover letter, full CV and availability details in English, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.