Senior Product Manager IoT
The success of the Product Manager will be measured on the appropriate and timely delivery and launch of new product and service offerings, management of the existing product offerings, their contribution to corporate revenue and margin objectives, and providing a core knowledge and expertise.
- Build knowledge and expertise on the products and be the subject matter expert for your portfolio as you are a key point of contact for internal and external parties.
- Interface to the business units to capture all market requirements, and be responsible for translating these market requirements into product and service requirements.
- Define, develop, document and manage products and services requirements both in a leading and a supporting role in order to ensure that all technical, commercial and operational activities and preparations are completed to support successful commercial launches of new products and services.
- Manage the product throughout its life-cycle, providing in-life support and drive resolutions to issues and problems.
- Control and monitor the performance of the products that are assigned to you. Ensure the ongoing and long term profitability of each product and the portfolio as a whole, and recommend actions to keep the products commercial relevant and profitable.
- Implement and maintain the commercial roadmap for existing and new Land IoT products and services and potentially other products in the future.
- Interface to the Product Development and Product Delivery team with the development and delivery of new products and services where necessary.
- Provide relevant product information to assist the business units and marketing teams to develop the market messaging, collateral materials and occasionally support bid and proposal (B&P) responses to commercial opportunities.
- Contribute to customer testing of new products and services with operations, customer support, partners and customers to drive market adoption of new services.
- Support the schedule for product development and roll-out activities, identifying dependencies and ensuring timely roll-out to meet business goals.
- Coordinate and prepare or update product materials including product documentation, process documentation, reference guides and training programmes for all new products and services. Ensure that all product documentation on the various portals is up to date.
- Work with the Business Units and product marketing on market adoption progress, as well as evaluate issues, market challenges and new (pricing) requirements, with incorporation of approved changes to the roadmap.
- Liaise with the Business Units to define proposals for capability development/acquisition, as well as drive product management gate approvals, with budgeting and source selection.
- Work closely with Business Units and Finance to define performance metrics and maintain performance data on market delivery to ensure progress to plan is being met.
- Be customer focused and build relationships with our channel partners and end-users
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical/business background and experience in Satellite Communications, with a preference for additional experience with IoT products and services
- Extensive experience in Product Management
- Demonstrable capability to successfully run virtual and globally scattered cross functional teams leading to a successful delivery and rollout of products and services meeting/exceeding technical and financial performance objectives;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, organizing and leading the execution of project tasks across multiple internal and partner teams;
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of senior management.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability in the English language and delivery of high quality work product suitable for external technical and marketing communications.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the Inmarsat products and services
- Experience in the satellite communications and/or maritime industries
- Multi-cultural awareness; experience of working in, and with, a wide variety of cultures