Senior Director - GX and FX Portfolio Management
Your principle activities will be governed by collaborative and constructive relationships with cross-functional horizontal teams across the business including Market Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Development, Service Delivery, Operations, Legal and others. You will be expected to develop and optimise these connections to deliver your objectives in an effective and timely manner.
You will be expected to adopt a highly proactive approach to business process mapping and optimisation, and initiate and complete continuous improvement activities in tandem with fundamental product management functions. Constructing, maintaining and evolving effective feedback loops and robust communication will be required
Working closely with Business Units and Market Strategy teams, you will actualise market requirements and guide these from concept to launch; activities will include development and delivery of business cases, product requirements and representation of these, in close proximity to User Terminal and Digital Development teams for the delivery of new market relevant services for the maritime.
You will be responsible for briefing, enabling and empowering the Maritime sales team and respective support teams to deliver their targets, ensuring that they are supported with high quality documentation, tools and direct support.
Work closely with Global Customer Operations (GCO) team to Integrate and support existing and new Value Added Resellers (VAR) to drive wholesale distribution and accelerated growth.
You will approve and coordinate messaging to partners regarding new services and in-life service communications
You will examine new technical capabilities and features and how they can be applied to the maritime commercial offerings.
Evolve retail product offering and Value Added Services in collaboration with parallel product owners
Provide commercial and technical information to assist the Maritime business unit and Product marketing and marketing teams to develop market messaging, collateral materials and bid and proposal (B&P) responses to commercial opportunities.
Define the activities and lead the execution of Maritime P&S roll-out activities, identifying dependencies and ensuring timely roll-out to meet business goals.
Coordinate and prepare product materials including product documentation, reference guides and training programmes for all new products and services
Work with product marketing on market adoption progress, as well as evaluate issues, market challenges and new requirements, with incorporation of approved changes to the roadmap.
Work closely with the Maritime Commercial Management and BI functions to define P&S performance metrics and maintain data on market delivery to ensure progress to plan is being met.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to wireless communications or equivalent;
- Extensive commercial and technical experience in VSAT Satellite Communications, ideally within the Satellite industry;
- Experience in Maritime and/or Terrestrial mobile or fixed VSAT services
- Proven experience and record of delivering targets within a senior product management role
- Must have passion and motivation to continuously improve the product, processes and systems
- Demonstrable effective project leadership and successful delivery and rollout of products and services meeting/exceeding technical and financial performance objectives;
- Experienced in collaborative decision making and complex problem solving
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, organizing and leading the execution of project tasks across multiple internal and partner teams;
- Experience with the processes for specification, selection, procurement, certification and rollout of managed communications solutions
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of senior management.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability in the English language and delivery of high quality work product suitable for external technical and marketing communications.
- A track record of working with distributed matrix teams and meeting established deadlines for program milestones are essential, as well as experience delivering solutions to the Maritime market.
- Must have capacity to lead, facilitate and build teams, establishing collaborative and positive working practices.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of telecoms and spectrum science and technology
- Experience in the Inmarsat products and services
- Experience in the satellite or maritime industries
- Exposure to Service Delivery, logistics and supply chain environment
- Multi-cultural awareness; experience of working in, and with, a wide variety of cultures