Senior Aviation Operations Engineer (001321)
- Problem management
- Change Management
- Work closely and act as interface with the design and development team of the on board server
- Work closely with partners and airline customer organisations to ensure service support and smooth transition to daily operations
- Ensure fulfilment of contracted service availability and other relevant metrics in the entry into service phase
- 3rd Line Support to operational engineers
- Proactively improve service support and feedback into systems to improve the service offering
- Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications /IP Networks/)
- Experience in VM environment
- Strong Linux background
- Experience in Operational environment
- Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Interested in new technologies
- Good PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, Database programs and Web based systems.
- Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels.
- History of being a team player and team builder
- Critical ability in order to set the right priorities in a complex environment
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Capability to work autonomously as well as a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Honest, Respectful and Patient.
- Ability to adapt and change in a dynamic working environment
- Aviation Experience
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- GX and/or VSAT experience
- Working experience on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- CCNA Cisco certified
- Experience with Inmarsat systems/services
- Experience with mobile network and user terminals