Project Manager High Tech Systems
Our client is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what they stands for. With 3500 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. They work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations.
As project manager you will work on the definition and execution of projects for the realization of complex hardware. Specific tasks include:
- You manage multi-disciplinary teams of specialists and systems engineers, mainly in the area of optics, precision mechanics, control engineering and MAIT;
- Together with your team, you strive to make the impossible possible;
- As a project manager you naturally deliver results on time and within budget;
- but you also build and maintain excellent relations with our customers;
- You look beyond the scope of your projects to the bigger picture, and you work with business developers on the acquisition of new projects.
- University degree in mechanical engineering, physics or other relevant subject;
- You have at least 5-10 years experience in a high tech systems environment, of which at least 3 (5) as a project manager;
- You have experience in building hardware for paying customers;
- You have experience in proposal writing;
- You are customer- and result-oriented;
- You are structured but pragmatic, you can adapt your management style to the situation, and you are able to operate in an RD environment and deal with the uncertainties that it brings;
- You have an excellent mastery of the English language, both verbal and written.