Project Manager for ATG Europe-Spacelabs
ATG is a leading provider of specialised engineering, scientific and technical services to the Aerospace and High Tech industries. Our headquarters is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands and we have subsidiaries in Germany, UK and Ireland.
In this Project Manager position, you will be a team member in the SpaceLabs Business Unit; a specialised in-house Engineering and Technology development department of ATG Europe. SpaceLabs is a highly successful and growing business based in Noordwijk, next to the Technology Center of the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. The core engineering disciplines of SpaceLabs are Structural and Thermal engineering, though which we offer both high-value Engineering Services and Product Development as well as a unique patent-pending Grid-Stiffened technology to the industry. Our objective is to accelerate innovation; by providing top of the line Engineering Services and by developing and implementing a range of market-disrupting, ultra-performant technologies that will redefine what is possible today.The SpaceLabs team consists of a mixed-age, ambitious and multi-disciplinary engineers, led by an Engineering team lead and a Composites team lead who coordinate the activities of the entire team, in alignment with the Business Unit Manager. The working environment is dynamic, value-focused and requires a high-performance drive. We have a team culture with pragmatism, optimisation-mindedness, joy and care for each other at the core.As an ATG SpaceLabs Project Manager, you will be working on very diverse missions and assignments. This opens up unique opportunities to be engaged in innovative projects and challenges you to perform to high standards and utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge. We need you to complement our super star team!
- As a Project Manager, you will be assigned - by the relevant Engineering and/or Composites team leaders - to manage projects within the SpaceLabs team. These projects may be either, or a combination of Technology Development or Engineering Service projects. You will often be involved in the stages of offering/tendering including scoping, planning and pricing;
- For an assigned project you will be responsible for the project preparation, execution and close-out. This includes all typical areas of scope (including goals and deliverables), planning, cost and turnover (including short- and long-term planning (Cost At Completion), milestones completion and invoicing), communications (internal and external), quality, risk, procurement, project-level HR and Stakeholder management (internal and external). Several points are elaborated below;
- You will generate, together with the technical experts and management staff, a robust yet pragmatic (where necessary) work plan on the fields of scope, planning and costs;
- You will keep track of the status of tasks, deliverables, budget and schedule and will generate concise and informative reports (including typical statistics, KPI and trend analysis) to the relevant SpaceLabs team management. In doing so you will also interface with the relevant staff in the Finance department;
- You will ensure that goals and objectives are being met by monitoring and guiding the specific project team. This requires you to stay well aware of the high-level implications of technical details and communicate well with both managers and technical experts;
- You will be the formal point of contact with customers and will normally lead project reviews with the customer as well as be involved with contract negotiation and conflict resolution.You will actively monitor and manage customer satisfaction;
- You will stay alert for risks and both minimise and resolve issues by preventive and corrective actions on all relevant areas of Project Management. You will do this in a pragmatic yet well-controlled and collaborative effort together with the relevant SpaceLabs management;
- You will coordinate internal intermediate and close-out reviews, including the generation of (technical and managerial) lessons learned and feedback of the outcomes to the team and corporate knowledge base;
- You will be involved in corporate level and team level strategic development activities;
- The work will mainly be performed at the ATG Europe HQ at Noordwijk, The Netherlands. When required you will travel within Europe and meet with customers, lead project reviews, trials and assist customer programmes. Especially, frequent travel to Ireland and possible multi-week placements there should be foreseen.
- A Masters degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, and relevant hands-on Engineering Experience are required;
- Experience with Project Management along the above outlined tasks and responsibilities is desired;
- A PMP certification and experience in Agile Project Management is a serious asset;
- Experience with engineering activities and Project Management in the Aerospace industry and specifically in the Space industry are desired;
- For this position you must possess both helicopter view ability and an eye for detail to fine granularity;
- You must be able to maintain standards and monitor quality, whilst acting with ethically justifiable pragmatism in trading off technical and commercial aspects;
- Substantial experience with MS Excel is important. Experience with typical project management tools, such as MS Project is highly desirable;
- You must be capable of managing a high workload for personal and team health;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Fluency in the English language (spoken and written) is crucial. Good command of, or fluency in, the Dutch language is a strong asset. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset, with a strong interests in German and French;
- At least a rudimentary sense of humour is appreciated;
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in the EU and EEA;
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate;
- Applicants must be able to provide a recent formal statement of good conduct.