Programme/Project Controller for Exomars
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
The ExoMars Missions are one of the flagship project of the European Space Agency. Having successfully placed a scientific orbiter around the Red Planet at the end of 2016, the second part of the programme will launch in 2020, in collaboration with our Russian partners, an additional spacecraft composite that will land a complex rover and a scientific platform on the surface of Mars. As such, ExoMars represents Europes most ambitious robotic exploration mission since Rosetta. The two ExoMars missions aim to answer one of the outstanding scientific questions of our time, that of whether life ever existed on and below the surface of Mars. In the process of doing so, ExoMars will also demonstrate new technologies needed to pave the way for a future and even more ambitious Mars Sample Return mission during the next decade.
- Reporting directly to the Head of ExoMars Project Control, the new team member will perform a range of Project Control tasks, as described in the annexed job description, with an initial emphasis on the following tasks:Prepare, develop and maintain the ExoMars overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities;
- Bring together information on the ExoMars schedule, cost and risks in order to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project;
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency;
- Support the Risk management process of the Project;
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agencys Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission as required;
- Participate in the evaluation of Contract Change Notices and preparation of Disposition Records;
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalized.
- Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent or MBAequivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
- Substantial experience with Cost Control and expertise with Financial IT Tools;
- Experience in financial controlling and management of activities, risk management and forecasting in the aerospace industry. Experience with procurement tasks is an asset;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the field of financial control;
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is an advantage.