The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Production Editor who will give support to Business Management Administration Functions onsite at ESTEC.
- Support the editing, proofing and production of printed publications such as the ESA Bulletin magazine, the ESA Annual Report and All About ESA;
- Manage the editing, proofing and production of ESA publications such as BR brochures, leaflets and posters;
- Support the editing and publishing of ESA Portal material;
- Edit and proof text in other materials and media in general;
- The holder is responsible for the creation and production of a print publication from conception to distribution. Duties include managing the schedule and approvals, interfacing with authors and customers, commissioning text content and artwork, editing/rewriting content, liaising with designers, handling proofs at all stages (from author proofs to final print proofs), and liaising on printing and distribution.
- University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in a scientific or technical discipline,together with some years of experience in editing, writing and publishing;
- Significant experience as a production editor is essential. This is not just a text editing or writing post but includes overseeing the entire production process;
- Candidates should be able to write and edit English to mother-tongue level;
- other languages would be an asset. As most English texts come from non-mother-tongue authors, it is essential that applicants have the ability to edit texts of varying degrees of complexity at the highest level in English without recourse to further checks;
- Applicants should be able to work under pressure to tight schedules dictated by internal or external clients, should show good attention to detail and have the ability to work independently without close supervision;
- A knowledge of space matters in general, and of the European space scene in particular, would be ideal for this position;
- Expertise with MS Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro is required;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus.