Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer for Orion (MPCV-ESM)
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers, ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer to support the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle European Service Module (MPCV-ESM) Product Assurance Safety (PAS) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the MPCV-ESM Project and deputising for the PAS Manager as required.
- Act as focal point for PA activities related to the procurement activities for the second ESM Flight Model. In particular, this will involve participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs RFWs);
- Support the PAS Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the PAS Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards - DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA status;
- Extensive travel within Europe and the United States is required.
- Master degree or equivalent in engineering or a relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.