Payload Design Engineer
Satellite Talent is an independent strategic recruitment firm, specialising in the provision of C-suite, senior management and technology professionals across the global space sector. We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified payload engineer to join one of our clients in London. Review, assessment and recommendation of supplier data from bid through to design, manufacture and test to final delivery will be a prime task.
- Supporting the company communications payload design and development activities
- Participating in satellite test campaigns and delivery reviews to ensure that our requirements are fulfilled
- Managing contractor for timely resolution on communications subsystem technical problems
- Supporting new space infrastructure procurement tasks
- Supporting the operational team as required
- Providing operational support for the In-Orbit satellite fleet
- Providing timely reporting to management for critical and routine activities
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in communications payload design, manufacture and test from equipment level through to spacecraft level.
- Solid experience in payload design, particular emphasis on mobile oriented communications payload technology will be considered an advantage.
- Must have in depth knowledge of all technologies associated with communications payloads, including TWTA’s, SSPA’s, OMUX, frequency generator, onboard digital channelization and beamforming.