ORION Propulsion Engineer - Analysis and OPS
The Bremen office of our client is the industrial centre of excellence for human spaceflight, launchers and space robotics in Europe. Orion is NASAs next spacecraft to send humans further into space than ever before, beyond the Moon and even to Mars. The European Service Module (ESM) is Europes contribution to the ambitious Orion program. The ESM provides electricity, water, oxygen and nitrogen as well as avionics, temperature control and one of the most complex propulsion subsystems ever built in Europe.
For this exciting program we are looking for a Propulsion Engineer (f/m) who reports to the PropulsionDelivery Manager and Propulsion Technical Authority in the Orion project. In the department hierarchy, this person reports to the delegated line manager and is responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyse hydraulic characteristics of propulsion S/S;
- Perform water hammer and priming shock analysis of propulsion S/S to define max. designpressure definition;
- Elaborate ops concept (e.g. priming) on the basis of analysis;
- Provide technical documentation of the performed analysis as contribution to propulsion S/SSupport propulsion S/S reviews by analysis and concept definitions on propulsion S/S level.
- A university degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or comparable;
- At least 2 years of experience in a propulsion engineering role in phase C/D space projects;
- Good knowledge of Catia V5 and Matlab;
- Experience with ECOSIM Pro and ThermXL are a plus;
- Experience in working with ESA-ECSS and Nasa-standards;
- Experience in Hardware development, manufacturing, integration and testing;
- Experience with equipment integration into Subassemblies;
- Experience with supplier technical follow-up;
- Experience with proposal preparation;
- Ability to facilitate technical meetings with subcontractors or customer involvement;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing - German language skills are an advantage.