Optical AIT Engineer
With more than 250 employees, this company makes a vital contribution to the international space industry in the current operational areas of Solar Arrays, Launching Structures, and Instruments Systems. In these areas they belong to the world top.
The main focus in this position will be on Assembly, Integration and Testing of optical space instruments.
- Assembly and integration of optical space instruments on component, subsystem and/or system level;
- Based on the specifications you create a test plan and write test procedures;
- You design , procure and build test set-ups and select applicable OGSE;
- You conduct the tests using a variety of measuring- and test devices;
- You analyze the results and write reports to show that the instruments meets the requirements;
- You interact with internal engineering departments, customers and subcontractors to solve problems that occur during the testing;
- Preparation and participation to technical meetings and reviews.
- Completed professional education in Physics, Optical Engineering or comparable qualification;
- Some years of professional experience in AIT of optical instrumentation, preferably for space applications;
- Used to work in a clean room environment;
- Professional experience in use of (optical) measurement tools;
- Well-developed communication skills, used to work in a team;
- Sense of responsibility and an effective way of working;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Willing to learn Dutch.