Mission Control Operations Engineers
This position is for 2 Mission Control Operations Engineers required to operate EUMETSAT's operational systems and the preparation of future missions, with particular focus on mission control systems.
One role shall provide service to the system development and operations preparation of the MTG Mission Operations Facility performed within GEO division. The service shall be provided in coordination with the relevant spacecraft and system operations and development teams and shall comprise a range of tasks for the MTG programme, including contribution to:
- the design and development of the MTG Mission Operations Facility, related Subsystems and interfaces, in particular with a focus on the Mission Operations Facility operability;
- The definition and development of operational concepts compatible with the Mission Operations Facility design and the MTG-specific Packet Utilisation Services (PUS);
- The refinement of the MTG mission operations concept in relation to the Mission Operations Facility and its implementation in the Reference Operations Plan and System Operations File, including related documents and procedures, databases, etc;
- The definition of MTG mission operations data items including displays, operations procedures, operational databases, operations guides, etc;
- The definition and implementation of Mission Operations Facility operational interfaces;
- The definition and implementation of Mission Operations Facility sub-system acceptance and MOF system integration testing, in particular with focus on operationally-relevant validation test scenarios;
- The execution of Mission Operations Facility system verification and validation activities;
- The definition and implementation of MTG Ground Segment system verification and validation activities, including formal system operational scenario validation, SVTs, and operations rehearsals;
- The execution of MTG System, MTG Ground Segment, MOF system and sub-system reviews, technical meetings, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- The review and implementation of planned changes to the system configuration;
- The review, disposition and resolution of system anomalies;
- When applicable for specific pre-launch testing and post-launch operations, the provision of on-call support as part of a team ofMCS engineers.
1 role shall provide service in two parts, equally divided between routine operations of the MSG programme and the development and operations preparation activities of the MTG programme as defined for the first FTE. The service shall be provided in coordination with the relevant spacecraft and system operations and maintenance teams and shall comprise a range of tasks for the MSG programme, including contribution to:
- The maintenance of MSG Central Facility (CF) mission operations data items including displays, operations procedures, operational databases, operations guides, etc;
- The maintenance ofMSG Central Facility (CF) operational interfaces;
- The definition, operational validation and deployment of MSG Central Facility (CF) and System evolutions;
- The recording, investigation and resolution ofMSG CF and System anomalies;
- The periodic operational activation of the MSG Backup Spacecraft Control Centre
- The provision of on-call support to routine operations as part of a team of MCS engineers.
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline, the key persons shall have the following mandatory attributes:
- At least three years' experience in the operations preparation and routine operations of spacecraft mission control systems for Geostationary ('GEO') and/or Low Earth Orbit ('LEO') satellite systems;
- At least two years' experience defining and implementing the verification and validation of spacecraft mission control systems;
- At least two years' experience operating a spacecraft mission control system based on SCOS-2000;
- At least two years' experience with the application of ECSS and CCSDS standards for space-to-ground interfaces, Satellite Monitoring & Control Systems: Packet Telemetry and Telecommand standards, PUS (Packet Utilisation Standard), etc.
Experience of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Extensive experience in the use of databases and SQL-related querying in relation to spacecraft mission control systems;
- Experience using configuration management systems such as CVS/SVN and I or GIT;
- Experience using satellite simulators;
- Familiarity with flight dynamics and mission planning functions and systems as applied to satellite operations.
- Start date is as soon as possible.