Mission Analysis and Software Engineer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC. We are currently looking for Mission Analysis and Software Engineer who will be responsible for the echnical management of existing and new multiplatform software developments within the System Support Division, in coordination with the Head of Mission Analysis and of Ground System offices. The existing SW projects consists of : Mission SW CFI, DFDL4S library, UMBRA library, Orbit-Attitude Interface Adapter, openSF (details can be found at http://eop-cfi.esa.int). The deadline for submitting your application is on Friday the 16th of February.
- Technical management of existing and new multiplatform software developments within the EOP-PE Division, in coordination with the Head of Mission Analysis and of Ground System offices. The existing SW projects consists of : Mission SW CFI, DFDL4S library, UMBRA library, Orbit-Attitude Interface Adapter, openSF (details can be found at http://eop-cfi.esa.int). The envisaged duties comprise of the following sub activitiesGathering and defining requirement from internal and external users;
- Preparation of Statement of Work and Requirement Documents as input to procurement process;
- Reviewing of technical and management part of SW development proposals;
- Configuration Management at ESTEC for the delivered SW;
- Management/administration/maintenance of the anomaly tracking system (Mantis), the CM (Git) and the CI system (Jenkins);
- Administration of anomalies/SPR at ESTEC;
- Providing first line help-desk functions to SW users;
- Investigation of anomalies;
- Participation in Anomaly Review Boards;
- Review of Contractors acceptance Test Plan and Procedures;
- Review of deliverable documentation (SUM, Develop. Manual, ICD, etc);
- Definition and execution of independent Validation Tests at ESTEC;
- Software Packaging and for delivery to external entities and drafting of RNs;
- Administration/maintenance of the SW delivery web pages of the division;
- Participation to SW Acceptance;
- Support to Mission Analysis;
- Support definition of mission analysis required by EO Projects;
- Design, code, test and run small Software tools for these activities;
- Document these activities to Projects.
- Ability to work autonomously and with rigour within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule, and supervise Contractors activity accordingly;
- Very solid experience relevant to the task description in particular with the SW skills related to multi-language (C, C++, Java) and multi-platform (LINUS, OSX, Windows) development and related development tools/environments;
- Experience with the EO application domains (processors, mission planning, E2E simulators) and with ESA SW procurement process is considered an asset;
- Capability and willingness to understand the new EO domain-specific algorithms as needed;
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).