Mechanical Facilities Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Mechanical Facilities Engineer to support the Directorate of Internal Services.
- Providing active assistance to the EFM Mechanical Engineer in charge of the mechanical installations under the responsibility of the EFM division;
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing – notably by means of key performance indicators – the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor (or by sub-contracted third-party companies) on the technical installations;
- Reviewing, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the construction, renovation, or modification of the technical infrastructure installations; these activities are of a various nature: ad-hoc requests for works, refurbishments, new projects or investments;
- Monitoring and controlling the compliance with the applicable norms and legislations of all the works carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor or other third-party companies on the technical installations;
- Preparing work descriptions, technical specifications, or any other technical documents necessary for the coordination of small to large size projects related to technical installations;
- Providing active assistance on multi-disciplinary projects where works/activities on the technical installations are involved;
- Providing active assistance for the preparation, organisation, review and validation of work acceptance tests after construction, renovation, modification or maintenance of the technical installations;
- Implementation and maintenance of service and quality assurance procedures;
- Providing active assistance for studies about the operational condition, the performance, the upgrade and improvement of the technical installations and preparing corresponding improvement plans;
- Liaising, closely cooperating and maintaining a sound working relationship with colleagues within the section, in or outside the department, and with the site maintenance contractor.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer or in Facilities Management Engineering
- At least a 5-year experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Mechanical or Building System Engineering as an area of expertise;
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical building systems;
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation;
- Sound analytical skills; be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio);
- It would be an asset if applicants also have expertise in building electrical low voltage systems notably for the controlling and operation of the building automation systems, distribution boards and switch gears, communication lines, telephone and data networks, lightning protection, fire detection and evacuation system, access control and alarm systems;
- Moreover, applicants should be able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering;
- Required languages: English, both written and orally; knowledge of Dutch language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.