Mechanical Design Office Technician
Starting July 2017 Sapienza will be providing support to all aspects of ESA’s Engineering Support to Technical and Quality Management, including positions within the Testing Facilities!
- Design and analysis of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment for the environmental test facilities of the ESTEC Test Centre and the ESTEC laboratories, including Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE).
- Support to the procurement of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment for the ESTEC Test Centre, including the drafting of statement of work and technical specifications.
- Participation in design reviews, supervision of manufacturing and progress meetings.
- Support to Test Centre Customer and ESTEC laboratories for the definition and verification of test setup
- Support to the development and maintenance of the 3D CAD models of the ESTEC Test Centre facilities
- Support to the ESTEC Test Centre investment, maintenance and study activities in the mechanical domain
- MSc or BSc Engineering degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering or equivalent in relevant field;
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience in design, operation and maintenance of environmental test facilities used for space hardware
- Proven knowledge and familiarity with CATIA and NASTRAN-Patran
- Fluent in English, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.