Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer
Thanks to the consolidated experience in the field, the candidate will play a crucial technical role in tackling and solving state-of-the-art GNC problems for upcoming commercial and/or institutional missions. He/she will be joining our Darmstadt-based GNC team, currently working on advanced topics such as optimal control for on-orbit electric station-keeping and large constellations maintenance. Additionally, he/she will contribute to the mission analysis for the German telecommunication satellite “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT). The candidate will also be involved as a technical expert in the bidding processes for upcoming GNC studies. The candidate will report directly to GNC team manager.
For this position, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the projects development depending on the operational needs:
- Design, implement and validate various on-ground and/or on-board orbit and attitude GNC algorithms for individual spacecraft but also for constellations and formations
- Participate in the design, development, and verification of GNC flight software prototypes
- Perform analyses and support trade-off studies in the GNC domain
- Produce all the necessary associated design and test documentation
- Review and evaluate GNC analyses, studies and designs performed by third parties
- Develop and tests scripts used during mission operations
- Support mission simulations in performing GNC analysis tasks expected during operations
- Plan and provide GNC operational support required during flight
- Support business development activities in the GNC domain
The successful candidate will have
- A university Master degree in aerospace or control engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- A sound knowledge of spacecraft orbit and attitude GNC theory
- A sound knowledge of celestial mechanics and spacecraft orbit and attitude dynamics
- Competence in software development
- Fluency in English
- We are looking for a motivated and proactive team player, able to work autonomously, showing initiative and self-management skills when performing under time pressure.
- Start date is as soon as possible.
- The location of work is in our Darmstadt office.
- The candidate must have a valid German work and residence permit or be an EU citizen
- Please send us your application with motivational cover letter, full CV and availability details in English, preferably by email to email@example.com.
- SCISYS Deutschland GmbH
Mrs. Kiri Wood
Europaplatz 4, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 42853-30