Ground Station Integration & System Engineer
- Support Station and NDIU integration, validation, testing.
- Integration, test, validation, verification, debugging of applications (HW/SW) relevant to the Station’s Backend (STC, CSMC, TMTCS, MCM, etc.).
- Engineering support to missions during critical phases.
- Support deployment and validation of HW/SW applications in the ESTRACK core Stations.
- Participation in HW/SW Review Boards, Progress Meeting and Design-Reviews with industrial contractors.
- Engineering support to SVTs, MRTs, and other mission-level test for mission preparation.
The successful candidate is expected to have the following background and experience:
- Engineer with a relevant university degree.
- Strong team player, solution oriented and good technical discussion skills.
- Willingness to conduct missions (sometimes several weeks) to remote ground station sites.
- Integration and testing of Ground Station HW/SW systems (mainly Backend).
- Strong experience in Configuration Control for HW/SW systems and associated documentation
- System overview of Ground Station Systems.
- Integration and performance monitoring of LAN systems (switches, routers, cabling, etc.).
- Communication engineering knowledge in, TCP/IP, UDP, also Web technologies (including related protocols).
- Experience with LINUX (or UNIX) Environments.
- Experience in engineering activities such writing specifications, reviewing propsals, etc.
- Knowledge in IT security aspects.
- Interest in future technologies (IT, etc.).
The following skills and experience would be an asset:
- Familiarity with the CORBA Standard.
- Familiarity with database Administration.
- Familiarity with software engineering and associated documentation.
- Familiarity with modern software development environments and systems, including GUI-based MMIs, familiarity with object-oriented analysis, design & programming.
- Start date is 1st April 2017.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.