GNC & Flight Dynamics Engineer
- Design, implement and validate various on-ground and/or on-board orbit and attitude GNC algorithms for individual spacecraft but also for constellations and formations.
- Participate in the design, development, and verification of GNC flight software prototypes.
- Perform analyses and support trade-off studies in the GNC domain.
- Produce all the necessary associated design and test documentation.
- Review and evaluate GNC analyses, studies and designs performed by third parties.
- Develop and tests scripts used during mission operations.
- Support mission simulations in performing GNC analysis tasks expected during operations.
- Plan and provide GNC operational support required during flight.
- Support business development activities in the GNC domain.
The successful candidate will have:
- A university Master degree in aerospace or control engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- A sound knowledge of celestial mechanics and spacecraft orbit and attitude dynamic.
- A sound knowledge of spacecraft orbit and attitude GNC theory.
- Fluency in English.
- We are looking for a motivated and proactive team player, able to work autonomously showing initiative and self-management skills when performing under time pressure.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in designing and/or analysing spacecraft GNC subsystems, algorithms and flight Software.
- Proficiency with computational analysis software (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, etc.).
- Experience with software development using C/C++ or other object-oriented languages.
- Start date will be as soon as possible.
- The candidate must have a valid German work and residence permit or be an EU Citizen.
- The candidate shall be eligible to obtain a personal security clearance.