Future Projects System Engineer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for Engineering and Scientific Support to the Future Missions Office and Prodex Office, onsite at ESTEC.
- Within the SCI-F Future Missions Department, the PRODEX Office is the Agency structure in charge of implementing the PRODEX Programme. The PRODEX Office implements experiments and instruments prepared at national level, selected and/or endorsed by ESA in accordance with its own rules and procedures, for ESA missions or for National missions. The PRODEX Office coordinates the experiment development and implementation, awards industrial contracts and implements, manages and monitors the corresponding industrial developments. System engineering support is provided within the PRODEX Office. The scope of tasks to be provided cover:Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the head of the PRODEX Office;
- This task will include supporting the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office;
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts. This includes:Providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participating in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia;
- Monitoring the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identify potential problem areas and recommend solutions;
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running;
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters;
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the Head of PRODEX Office as required;
- Preparing / providing inputs to reports as required.
- Academic qualifications in physics or space engineering, with a demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering;
- Notions of project management are mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset;
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme.The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to be system-oriented, with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve, and the ability to consult Agency specialists when deeper expertise is needed, and to integrate their inputs into a more global solution.The selected contractor must be willing to adapt to the individual and specific management style of each project and partners involved, in order to guarantee a successful development.The selected contractor will also have to assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation. Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.