Field Service Coordinator
- Coordinate ad-hoc repair services in EMEA
- Obtain information such as PO (purchase order), agent info, letter of invitation, Visa etc.
- Liaise with customers, agents and third parties to ensure smooth and cost effective workflow
- Arrange travel, transportation and accommodation for Service Engineers
- Update service calendar
- Verify timesheets, reports and travel expenses
- Ensure customer documentation is updated after services
- Participate in on-call duty rotation scheme
- Cooperate with and act as backup for Service Delivery – Project Coordinator
The Field Service Coordinator might be given other tasks or duties by Manager, Fiels Service.
The above-mentioned job tasks are meant as a general description and further job contents will continuously be considered and agreed upon in cooperation with the management. The Service coordinator might be given other tasks by the Manager Service.
The Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Service Engineers. He/she needs to cooperate closely with the other Coordinators to ensure that resources are utilized efficiently.
The Service Coordinator has to work closely with the support department in addition to customers and agents when coordinating ad hoc and annual services. Job task, accommodation info, flight info, vessels location address, agent info and other needed info must be collected and an assignment sent to the Service Engineers for them to be able to prepare and carry out the job.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical degree on Diploma level or Bachelor level
- Lack of education can be replaced by relevant experience
- 3-5 years’ experience within technical resource coordination
- Other relevant experience
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Positive and friendly attitude towards colleges, customers and suppliers
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational and structural capabilities
- Independent in his/her work
- Ability to think practical and be solution orientated
- Strong drive to complete the tasks/arrangements according to customer’s request (as much as possible)
- Ability to identify with the Inmarsat values
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing