Engineering Service for Assembly, Interface, Testing and Requirements Verification
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
The service will be provided at the location of the GALA instrument prime location in Berlin (DLR). Temporary service assignments at different locations depending on the need for testing and meetings are part of the service and shall have no cost impact. Meetings are primarily expected at ESTEC and European test centre facilities. The service manager will interface with the GALA System engineer at DLR in Berlin for the day to day operations . Formal interfaces and reporting shall be directed to the ESA Technical Responsible.
- The service will consist at least of the following activities: Performing tests with Engineering Model of the GALA DPM incl. data analysis and documentation;
- Electronics Design update for the PFM (digital electronics);
- Support to procurement of DPM hardware;
- Incoming tests of modules of the GALA Electronic Unit (DPM, PCM, RFM);
- Commissioning and tests of the GALA ELU (EM and PFM);
- Support for software tests of the GALA and ELU and the complete instrument;
- Compiling test specifications, test procedures and test reports for electrical and EMC tests with GALA hardware;
- Supervision of electrical and EMC tests (in coordination with the engineering team of DLR and ESA);
- Compile all relevant documentation for the above mentioned tasks;
- Weekly report including: Meeting Summary Notes;
- Weekly report about assembly, integration and test activities;
- Weekly report about involved DLR Subcontractors AIV.
- The service personnel in charge of the work shall have relevant qualification in aerospace engineering together with Assembly, Integration and Verification experience;
- In addition, background and experience in other space projects (definition and implementation of AIV activities) is also required;
- Service personnel is expected to demonstrate excellent planning, organization, interpersonal and communications skills to be able to follow industrial assembly, integration and test activities;
- They shall have a demonstrated ability to work within a complex program structure;
- Working language is German, knowledge of German and English is required.