ECLIPSE Software Developer
Sapienza is looking to recruit an ECLIPSE Software Developer to work within our office in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. The SW Developer is part of the ECLIPSE team and is involved in all phases of the Development Process. The responsibilities also extend to bug fixing, analysis/assessments of operational problems and investigation of new technology and tools.
This role reports to the CTO and is collocated with ECLIPSE Development Team at SBIC Building, Noordwijk (NL). Occasional travel to other Sapienza offices and client sites might be required.
- Design, development and testing of ECLIPSE and other Sapienza applications
- Full-Stack: involvement in all architecture layers (Web development, Java programming, Databases)
- Participate in the Sprint demo, planning and stand-ups
- Perform code and design reviews
- 3rd line Operational Support (i.e. assist helpdesk/customer in investigating anomalies and problems)
- Produce technical documentation
- Assist Product Owners in defining, evolving, improving the ECLIPSE components and modules
- Proactively striving to extend his/her own skills and capabilities in line with the agreed career goals
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), Java (or others) certifications are an advantage
- Experience with JQuery and/or Angular
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with MongoDB is an advantage
- Experience with Spring framework, Hibernate, Lucene is an advantage
- Strong analytical and object-oriented design capabilities
- Good understanding of design patterns, API design, test driven development
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.