Development Engineer Power and Analogue Electronics
The Bremen office of our client is the industrial centre of excellence for human spaceflight, launchers and space robotics in Europe. One of the current key projects is Orion-MPCV, NASAs next spacecraft to send humans further into space than ever before, beyond the Moon and even to Mars. Other ongoing projects are Bartolomeo and SpaceTug. The jobholder of the position will support the On-Orbit Avionics Subsystem department.
The jobholder of the position will support the On-Orbit Avionics Subsystem department.
- Analysing specifications, defining electrical functions and modules, and designing, developing and qualifying new circuit modules;
- Producing detailed designs of complex circuits, including analysis and simulation, and selecting electrical components;
- Producing documentation as per the common space standards (e.g. ECSS) and customer requirements, such as worst case analyses, parts de-rating, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMECA), reliability analyses;
- Preparing and carrying out tests for the qualification and acceptance of the developed module;
- Execution of board level tests and box level tests.
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable;
- At least 3 years of experience with the design, analysis and testing of power and analogue electronics for space applications;
- Experience of motor controls or mechanical drives would be a plus;
- Experience with common software tools to analyze electrical circuits (e.g.PSpice) and to produce circuit diagrams (e.g. Cadence / Mentor DxDesigner) would be a plus;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing - German language skills are an advantage.