Database Software Engineer
Our Client is an intergovernmental organisation with 41 Members and 2 Comprehensive Agreement States. They are committed to building, together with their partners, a Single European Sky that will deliver the Air Traffic Management (ATM) performance required for the twenty-first century and beyond. With more than 1,900 highly qualified professionals spread over four European countries, deploying their expertise to address ATM challenges. Their expertise is unrivalled: covering both operational and technical elements; advising on both civil and military aspects of ATM and having experience at bringing States with different needs together for a common goal.
The candidate will be required to develop software modules and documentation changes (from specification to design, coding and testing) of the MPT (Manpower Planning Toolset) in collaboration with the ACE (Airspace Capacity and Environment Management Tools) team members. He/she will also participate in the maintenance and support of the MPT. Furthermore, where needed, the candidate will be involved in the maintenance of other database applications under the responsibility of the ACE team. The domains that the candidate will cover are multiple; in particular tasks are expected to include the following activities:
- Develop new software modules for the MPT (in particular, the implementation of change proposals and bug fixes in the Cockpit and eBrief tools). This includes designing, developing, testing, documenting, maintaining and providing support;
- Review request for changes, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications;
- Analyse modifications required to existing source code, documentation and test suite, and define test scope, to implement problem fixes and changes;
- Perform and document tests in line with test scope defined before;
- Arrange review of own source code, documentation and test result by peers;
- Review source code, documentation, test suite changes and test results performed by peers;
- Perform investigation of problems and sketch solutions;
- Debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems;
- Execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures.
- Higher technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent professional knowledge;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Has ateam-oriented attitude;
- At least 3 years experience as a database application developer with good knowledge of the relational model, PL/SQL and Oracle;
- At least 3 years experience in writing technical and test documentation;
- Experience with manpower planning and/or resource optimization tools;
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems, and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way.