Configuration and Document Management Officer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC. We are currently looking for a Configuration and Document Management Officer who will provide support to the Earth Observation Directorate, specifically to the Copernicus Space Segment projects.
- Under this work package the contractor shall support the Earth Observation Directorate, assigned to the Copernicus Space Segment projects. He/she will be delegated to work on specific Projects, and as such he/she will liaise on a daily basis with the various members of his/her Project and work with the Product Assurance Manager and Project Manager, including the following tasks:;
- Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. Eclipse) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.;
- Assist in the preparation of project audits.;
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMSs from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.;
- CADM related support to project design reviews (including RID tool support).;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of project documentation.;
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.;
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration record system;
- supporting Configuration Control Boards established for the processing of changes and waivers/deviations.;
- Familiarity with the Agencys internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks, such as PRISMA, Eclipse, Lotus Notes, DOORS, will be considered an asset. In this respect the contractor will be acting as focal point towards the project as far as the CADM related tools are concerned.
- Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high level Project Administration.;
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) will be considered an asset.;
- Deep knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools will be considered an asset.;
- Large experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects is an asset.;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail.;
- Good communication skills.;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.;
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Industry).;
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.