- Focal point for the UK administration and control of the export of controlled goods, software and technology, including associated communications to affected parties, to provide the best possible support to any affected business process or transaction
- Focal point for the UK administration and of anti-bribery and anti-corruption processes and procedures, including associated communications to affected parties, to provide best possible support to any affected business process or transaction
- Ensure all systems and folders for monitoring and controlling are utilised and maintained in accordance with the processes
- Supporting the Corporate Compliance Officer on matters of compliance, especially with regards to areas listed in greater detail below.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to, and all required registrations are properly maintained
- Maintain a working knowledge of all applicable regulations affecting the UK, EU and US
- Work well as part of a small team which encompasses multiple functions within it.
- Arranging authorisation signatures and keeping complete records of all TAA support activities
- Provide admin support to the compliance team including maintaining training records and for local staff.
- Provide and maintain metrics as defined by the Corporate Compliance Officer
- Conduct annual self-assessments to identify gaps and areas of risk across all areas of involvement and communicate these to the Corporate Compliance Officer
- Support the Corporate Compliance Officer to perform internal export control audits on each of Inmarsat’s main exporting hubs, including Norway, The Netherlands, Singapore and UK.
- Support the Corporate Compliance Officer to perform internal anti-corruption audits on each of Inmarsat’s companies
- Support the Corporate Compliance Officer and other parts of the organization on specific projects as appropriate.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience required to understand and provide guidance regarding requirements of exporting and importing dual-use and defence articles, technology and services under
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR),
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC),
- UK Export Control Regulations (Military and Dual-Use)
- EU Export Control Regulations (Dual-Use)
- At least 5 years of experience in Export Control
- Knowledge of Sanctioned Party Screening
- Knowledge of Anti-corruption & Anti-bribery regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with working with staff all levels of the organisation
- Accurate, perfectionist nature
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of GTS
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of Norwegian Export Regulations
- Knowledge of Netherlands Export Regulations
- Knowledge of Singapore Export Regulations
Sphere Of Influence of the Position:
HR, Satellite Network Operations Division, Contracts Division, Legal, Regulatory, sales and business development teams from each business unit, UK Shipping department, global logistics teams, Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain.
ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations):
Given the scope and responsibilities of this role, the successful candidate will need to access ITAR controlled information. Successful applicants will therefore be required to provide personal information, including place of birth and all nationalities, to ensure compliance with US export control requirements.