Communications & Social Media Coordinator
The Communications team at ESA’s European Astronaut Centre promotes Human and Robotic Exploration of Space by a multitude of platforms, ranging from digital, social and traditional media to events. It furthermore coordinates all public outreach activities regarding ESA astronauts and their missions. Now they are looking for a Communications & Social Media Coordinator.
- Write and edit content in English and managing social media campaigns and channels, on EAC and astronaut activities. Write and edit content in English on topics related to EAC activities.
- Ensure that all content published is in English and compliant with ESA editorial guidelines and agreed approval processes.
- Ensure content publishing on the ESA online channels.
- Provide community management support for EAC and astronauts as required, as well as participation in ESA social media events.
- Support the EAC communications officer in executing communications plans and campaigns and provide input to communications plans as required.
- Liaise closely with the Exploration Domain communications team as well as the digital publishing team to ensure coherence and maximum visibility of the activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or in journalism or a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing, editing and social media skills
- A strong background in:
- science & tech communication or journalism, preferably with knowledge of the space sector
- writing and editing for online channels in mother-tongue English
- social media management and content production, including
- Multimedia material
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU