The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESOC. We are currently looking for a Communications Officer who will provide support to the Communications Department at ESOC located in Darmstadt, Germany.
- The job includes the provision of support for the preparation and post of ESA publications;
- German Text-reading, translation reviews DE/EN (FR), editing, ESA EZ publications / ESA image integrations;
- Support the editing and publishing of ESA Portal material;
- Responsible of online social media ex. Twitter and Facebook for German, Swiss and Austrian markets;
- Documentation management;
- Content management;
- Technical writer and content creation.ESA site administration, including periodical update and distribution of the ESA and establishment news on the existing display systems and back-up for publication of information to all staff;
- Preparation and publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised institution of secondary studies;
- Journalistic experience;
- Proven professional skills in organisational activities;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken;
- For site-specific functions fluent knowledge of German is mandatory;
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- High level of proficiency with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular, Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle workload peaks;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment is a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of media-specific requirements;
- Ability to evaluate and assess appropriate promotional material according to requested events.