C3I Engineer in Ballistic Missile Defence
Sapienza is looking for a Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence (C3I) Engineer to support the Air and Missile Defence Command and Control (AMDC2) Directorate at the NCI Agency in The Hague (Netherlands).
- Provide programmatic and technical expertise in the conception and development of BMC3I systems architecture and requirements;
- Develop and maintain the architecture and requirements for the BMC3I systems of the BMD capability;
- Develop and maintain the specification of the interfaces between the NATO BMC3I systems and the national weapon systems, sensors and C2;
- Develop and maintain Systems Engineering products and coordinate with Stakeholders on required Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs). This includes supporting the assessment of ECP impact on Programme cost, schedule and performance;
- Co-ordinate activities with BMD stakeholders internal and external to the NCI Agency, including Nations and the Operational community;
- Support project management and technical reviews, to include all standard project processes (risk, configuration, quality, etc.). This includes reviews internal to AMDC2, to the Agency, to the BMD Implementation Projects, and those conducted for external stakeholders (e.g. Nations);
- Assist in the planning, preparation and hosting of formal and informal visits, meetings and conferences with representatives of military, civilian and industrial organisations;
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the areas above and stays abreast of related best practices;
- A university degree in electrical engineering, physics, operations research, computer science or other relevant scientific or engineering discipline, preferably equivalent to a master’s degree and supplemented by relevant postgraduate qualifications;
- Experience with AMDC2 (Air and Missile Defence Command and Control) would be a strong advantage;
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience in Planning, Design, Systems Engineering, Integration and Implementation of Command and Control, Communications and Information Systems;
- Experience in management of engineering contractors and in programme technical reviews;
- Knowledge in development and maintenance of a system-of-systems architecture and in requirements specification/management processes;
- Knowledge of NATO interoperability standards, with specific focus on JRE/Link16 and ADatP-3/APP-11(C);
- Detailed knowledge and recent experience in Programme and Project Management in a NATO or similar environment, to include formal qualifications (such as MSP, PRINCE2, or PMP);
- Knowledge of IT Service Management Processes (ITIL);
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services related standards;
- Prior experience of working with military and civilian elements preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of NATO or National air and missile defence operational aspects would be a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation and military domain;
- Holder of active NATO Secret Clearance.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.