Business Development Manager (Aerospace)
The role will include all aspects of the sales lifecycle, including:
- Provide input to the business development strategy for the Engineering Services business
- Perform market surveys and competitor analysis to aid the positioning of the SCISYS offering
- Identify new clients and build relationships with key client contacts and potential partners; manage the client account
- Understand the clients’ needs and contribute to the shaping of the services to meet the market’s demand
- Identify, develop and close sales opportunities, maintaining a sales pipeline to deliver sustainable and profitable business
- Working collaboratively with the other teams to identify winning propositions that will meet clients’ needs
- Prepare proposals of a high standard in all aspects
- Assisting in the preparation of business and sales forecasts
- Representing SCISYS credibly and professionally at conferences and exhibitions
- Delivering agreed sales targets
This is an interesting opportunity to join a dynamic business in an exciting domain. The successful candidate will have/demonstrate the following:
- Graduate with a university degree in a relevant subject area
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to spot opportunities quickly
- Self-starter and quick learner with initiative and a strong motivation to succeed
- Good personal organisation and focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, producing and delivering appropriate well-structured presentations and proposals
- Fluency in English and German, both spoken and written
- Strong capability to build relationships and able to communicate with all levels
- Be a team player contributing to a collaborative environment
- Commercial awareness
- Rapid translation of client’s engineering service needs into role requirements
- Commitment to achieving targets
- A broad understanding and appreciation of technical, programmatic and management roles within the Aerospace and IT domains would be beneficial.
- Previous technical and/or sales & business development experience in the Space or adjacent domains is desirable.
- Start date is as soon as possible.
- The position is based in our Darmstadt office. Regular travel, mainly within Germany and Europe will be required.
- The candidate must have a valid German work and residence permit or be an EU Citizen.
- The candidate must have a valid driving license.
- Please send us your application with motivational cover letter, full CV, availability details and salary expectations in English, preferably by email to email@example.com.