On-board Payload Data Processing Systems Engineer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for an On-board Data Systems Engineer, to carry out a diverse range of support tasks encompassing hardware, software and system aspects. The contractor will begiving support to theOn-board Payload Data Processing Section, within the Data Systems and Microelectronics Division, onsite at ESTEC;The sections responsibilities include:on-board computers and their major components, such as microprocessors and support components, meeting very stringent requirements in terms of radiation tolerance, reliability, availability, and safety;key avionics building blocks such as platform mass memories, remote terminal units, on-board buses and data networks;on-board and space to ground data communication protocols including protocol security aspects.The section also provides support to European standardisation (CCSDS,ECSS) in areas such as telemetry, telecommand and on-board data, wireless and monitoring control interfaces andprepares and maintains the Harmonisation dossier on Data Systems nad On-Board Computers
- Validation of signal and image processing algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, prototyping SW);
- Definition, design and validation of payload data acquisition, processing and storage chains;
- Implementation of payload data processing functions on processors (e.g. Digital Signal Processors) and FPGAs based platforms;
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases.
- Experience in defining payload data processing systems architectures;
- Extensive knowledge in signal and image processing techniques and devices;
- Extensive experience in procurement of units, sub-systems integration and testing;
- Knowledge in on-board electronics design related to data acquisition, processing and storage functions;
- Wide knowledge in communication networks principles, standards and theirimplementation. This includes high-speed networks such as SpaceWire and SpaceFibre;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manage.